EJPS District News
Three eighth grade students from East Jordan Middle School have been named local winners in the 51st annual America & Me Essay Contest, sponsored by Farm Bureau Insurance. They are Jessica Hitsman, first, Grace Nemecek, second, and Lillian Stone, third. Jessica's first place essay now advances to the state level competition, from which the top ten essays in Michigan will be selected. The topic of the 2019-2020 contest was "My Personal Michigan Hero." Congratulations girls!
Each year, Char-Em ISD hosts a banquet honoring students who have excelled in their Career and Technical Education programs. The banquet was planned to be held April 28, 2020. While we can't gather together, we still want to recognize the hard work of our students in their CTE programs! Students from East Jordan being recognized are:
- Automotive Technology: Jaden Booze, Trevor Zeeryp
- Business Management and Administration: Amber Cetnarowski, Klyeigh McDuffie, Ethan Nachazel, Lauren Peterson, Thomas Reid, Shannon Schlueter
- Drafting and Design Technology: Jordan Barden, Chandler Bartig, Michael Kraemer, Judd Wise
- Marketing: Jayden Weber, Molly Kitson, Nathan Newman
- Welding Technology: Lillii Armstrong, Levi Pepin, Nick Wilson
- Woodworking and Furniture Making: Dawson Carey, Cody Ingalls.
Jim Rummer, Director of Char-Em ISD's CTE Department, also recorded a video message to the students. Please watch it at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD4uZC8gcUs&feature=youtu.be
Congratulations to our East Jordan CTE starts!