2018-2019 District Calendar - updated September 21, 2018
Office Hours: 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
The middle high school has a new building entrance which leads directly to the school office. It has a shared entrance lobby with the community pool and faces the Elm Street parking lot (bus drop off/pick up).
Attendance Line - To report a student absent, please call the MS-HS attendance line at 536-2274. You can leave a message anytime 24/7.
Friday, September 21 - Lifetouch will be here in the morning to take school pictures. ALL students must have their picture taken for school ID cards. Order forms will be available in the office or you can order online at the Lifetouch website mylifetouch.com and enter the picture ID of LM838023Y0
MS Dance - The 6th, 7th, 8th grades will have a dance on Friday, September 21 from 5:30-7 pm in the elementary cafeteria. Admission is $4.00.
Homecoming Spirit Week Themes (September 24-28):
- Monday - Rainbow / Tie Dye Day
- Tuesday - Young vs Old Day (Grades 7, 8, 9 Young / Grades 10, 11, 12 Old)
- Wednesday - College / Frat Day
- Thursday - Thrift Store Day
- Friday - RED & BLACK Day
Wednesday, September 26 - Collecting non-perishable can goods for admission
- Powder Puff Football game is 5:30 pm (stadium)
- Powder Buff Volleyball game is 7:30 pm (Mill Street Campus gym)
Friday, September 28 - Homecoming
- Parade is 5:00 pm (downtown)
- Tailgate Party is 6:00 pm (stadium)
- Game Kickoff is 7:00 pm (EJ vs St. Igance)
- HS Dance is 9-11:30 pm (HS cafeteria)
Courtesy Driving School has segment 1 classes, October 1-25 from 7-9 pm and segement 2 classes, October 15, 16, 22 from 5-7 pm. All classes will meet in room 140 at the Mill Street Campus. To pre-register call 1-800-256-9559.
Juniors - The NMSQT/PSAT test is scheduled for Wednesday, October 10. This is an optional test.
- Wednesday, October 10, 6-7:30 pm - North Cental Michigan College of Petoskey is hosting 50 Universities, Colleges and Services in their Student and Community Resource Center. All junior and senor students are encouraged to attend.
- The East Jordan Public School’s website is updated regularly with information. Please visit this site for information pertaining to school calendar, athletics and academic information.
Student Data Form:
- Student forms were mailed with the back-to-school information. This is the contact information we currently have on file for your student. Please thoroughly review for accuracy and make any necessary changes and return the form to the MS-HS office at your earliest convenience. We communicate with parents on a regular basis via "e-blasts". Be sure that we have your current email address.
Free or Reduced Meals:
- The previous year's determination will expire at the end of September. If you believe that you qualify for free or reduced price school meals, you can pick up an application in the office or fill in the application by going to the website: https://www.lunchapp.com . A new application must be filled out each year.