Welcome to East Jordan Elementary School, part of East Jordan Public Schools, one of our nation's great public school systems.
East Jordan Elementary is a Pre-K through 6th grade school. The staff and parents of EJES are dedicated to creating and maintaining our school as one of the best elementary schools in Michigan. At EJES, "Best" is the only option.
Great Kids! Exceptional Staff! Outstanding Results! Just a few reasons to consider enrolling your child at EJES.
We are unique in that we offer a comprehensive academic program with a wide variety of enrichment and extended learning opportunities. In addition, we are pleased to offer innovative reforms that promote best instructional practices. Thank you for your interest in East Jordan Elementary School!
Elementary School students are enriched by programs funded by grants from the East Jordan Learning Alliance, The Malpass Foundation and the Charlevoix County Community Foundation.
- EJ Elementary School houses four separate pre-school programs, including the Headstart Program, Great Start Readiness Preschool, East Jordan Co-Op Nursery and PreJ. These programs are offered to 3 and 4 year old students.
- East Jordan Elementary students benefit from an after school “Strings Program,” offered through The Crooked Tree Arts Council.
- Every elementary school student receives instruction in Art, Music and Physical Education.
- More than 95% of our parents attend Parent-Teacher Conferences!
- Our faculty members have developed assessments at each grade level in math, reading and writing that test the State of Michigan’s benchmarks and content standards.
- Kids’ Club provides before and after-school daycare for families that need extra support each day.
- East Jordan Elementary School teaches positive student behavior expectations building wide, and recognizes students who meet those expectations.
- East Jordan Elementary School offers all-day, every day kindergarten.